Burgess Yacht Management aims to provide a comprehensive range of services in-house to maximise the Owner's enjoyment of their yacht, minimise the risks and liabilities associated with yacht ownership, control the costs of yacht operations and protect the significant capital investment that a yacht represents
Ownership Risk Management
- The Ownership of a yacht carries with it obligations and potential liabilities for an Owner, both in regard to the legal operation of the vessel and through the employment of the crew.
- "Has the Owner acted as a reasonable ship owner would?" is a fundamental test which is applied under Maritime Law. By delegating management responsibility to a professional and experienced Yacht Manager an Owner is considered to have acted reasonably, in turn providing the Owner with protection from the prospect of consequential liabilities.
- As Yacht Manager it is our role to ensure that the yacht is maintained and operated in accordance with ever evolving legislation and is in compliance with local regulations.
Asset Value Protection
- We recognise that a large yacht represents a significant capital investment and as such it is imperative that the value of this investment be protected. Maintaining the yacht to the highest possible standard ensures that the resale value and prospective charter revenue, if desired, is maximised.
- A best practice, proactive and preventative maintenance program keeps long term repair and maintenance costs to a minimum. The Burgess Yacht Management in-house technical team is a dedicated resource in support of this objective.
Maintaining and operating a yacht represents a considerable expense for any Owner. A professional manager, working closely with Captain and Crew, can help control expenses, ensuring that optimal pricing is obtained in the procurement of goods and services.
Onshore Service Support
- Operational management of a yacht is becoming increasingly complicated, technical and labour intensive. The Burgess Yacht Management Model is focused on supporting the Captain and Crew in delivering the best possible service.
- Providing the Captain and Crew with 24hr onshore support and taking care of many of the 'back of house' functions allowing those onboard to focus on their most important role, maximising Owner and guest enjoyment.