Working in our Miami office as a member of the Charter Management department.
This department acts as the Central Agents for a prestigious fleet of large motor and sailing yachts ranging from 30m to 108m. The department’s objective is to provide a comprehensive, efficient and informed service to our yacht owners, charter brokers and to the captains of the managed yachts, whilst maximising on charter revenue opportunities.
- The Associate Charter Manager’s role is a mix of general grounding in the department together with the charter management of a smaller number of yachts in accordance with the company’s general work practices.
- Appointed charter manager for a portfolio of Central Agency listed yachts. To negotiate acceptable charter terms and maximise charter bookings for the owners on the best terms possible for the owner and the company. All under the guidance of an experienced charter manager.
- Appointed number two charter manager on a number of other managers’ yachts in order to provide a seamless service when they are unavailable.
- The general building of strong working relationships with yacht owners, captains and industry colleagues.
- Liaison with the yacht owners for planning and scheduling purposes, charter enquiries/bookings and all other appropriate matters.
- Liaison with the captains and other key crew members of appointed yachts as well as other yachts when needed.
- Handle charter brokers enquiries for your appointed yachts as well as other yachts as required.
- Co-ordination of charter agreements including provision of contract detail, checking drafts and exchanging charter contracts.
- Accounting for charter funds and organising bank transfers to owners, captains, brokers and in house accounting, in conjunction with our accounts department.
- Handling any VAT that may be applicable on charter fees, fuel and delivery fuel etc., confirming payments due and processing such payments in conjunction with our accounts department.
- Assist with marketing and marketing strategies, including annual Burgess Charter Directory, yacht electronic presentations, departmental industry updates, announcements, electronic mailings, broker updates and brochure distribution.
- Post charter follow-ups with charter brokers and captains to feedback information on the success and any issues occurring during the course of the charter.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all information listed on YachtFolio, and any other site the company may support in the future, for your appointed yachts including; rates, specifications, crew profiles, bookings, photography etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the information on your managed yachts is kept up to date on the Burgess website, including any newsworthy items.
- Assist with arrangements for our central agency yachts to attend charter shows.
- Assist with the co-ordination of and responsible for the production of annual end of year charter reports for your managed fleet.
- Production of monthly owner reports for any designated yachts.
- Distribution of twice yearly market reports to the yacht owners
- Some business travel, to include periodic visits to your appointed yachts as well as other yachts within the Burgess charter management fleet, attending charter shows to promote our yachts, networking with industry colleagues, company and departmental meetings, including company conferences etc.
- Assist in securing new business yachts into our Central Agency fleet, as directed.
- Assist with compilation of Burgess Charter Central Agency Proposals.
- Responsible for helping ensure all Burgess charter management documentation, including flyers; circulars, letters, e-mails, proposals, etc, destined for outside the office, is to Burgess standards (Golden Rules).
- Share in general office duties and assisting with other departments within the company as may be requested or required.
- Accounting for any personal expenditure made on behalf of the company on a monthly basis.
- Assist with special projects as required.
*Only candidates with legal status to work in the US can be considered.
Burgess is a leading global superyacht brokerage business serving a discerning clientele of ultra-high net worth individuals. During more than 45 years of operation, the company has gained an enviable reputation for success based on unbiased and honest advice, specialist expertise and top-quality working practices. The company provides a full range of yachting services including sale and purchase, charter, charter management, operational management, new construction, crew employment and insurance.