We are looking for a crew/vessel compliance administrator to support our London or Monaco based Yacht Management team.
Purpose of the role:
Work as part of the team which monitors and maintains compliance with the regulatory requirements for documentation and certification of Yachts and Seafarers.
The job-holder will become an expert in crew and vessel certification and documentation.
Verify yachts are correctly crewed and seafarers properly certificated. This includes systematic checks and audits to ensure:
- Yachts are manned in accordance with the requirements of the safe manning document issued by their Flag Administration;
- Seafarers are certificated in accordance with the requirements of STCW and MLC as appropriate;
- Certificates and qualifications are valid, correctly presented and verified on Burgess Manage (the Company’s Safety Management System);
- Reporting any areas of non-conformity to the Compliance Team, following up to ensure corrective action has been implemented;
- Review, document and issue Rating Certificates under the authority of flag administration;
- Verify vessel’s certificate expiry and other dates in the Safety Management System;
- Assist with arranging annual, intermediate and renewal surveys as required;
- Assist with the arrangements for internal audits and inspections of vessels in accordance with the audit plan;
- Verifying documents and removing out of date or duplicate documentation in the Safety Management System;
- Reporting any areas of non-conformity to the vessel/Yacht Manager and following up as required.
Supporting the Safety and Compliance Team in reviewing reports received following survey, audit or inspection to establish whether follow up action is required:
- Ensure an audit finding form is properly prepared and submitted for each finding;
- Follow up where causal analysis or explanation is incomplete or insufficient;
- Consider the appropriateness of the proposed corrective action;
- Follow up and expedite the completion of corrective action; in accordance with the agreed timescale and to the satisfaction of the auditor, Flag Administration or Port State;
- Other tasks as reasonably requested.
Experience and ability:
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Able to plan organise and administer own workload;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficient with the use of business IT systems, computer and cloud-based apps;
- Ability to develop a good working knowledge of relevant international maritime regulations including ISM, ISPS, SOLAS, MLC & STCW;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Resident within daily commuting distance of the nominated office;
- Good sense of humour.
*Only candidates with legal status to work in the UK or Monaco can be considered.