We are looking for an assistant to join our thriving Crew Team in either London or Palma.
Burgess is a leading global superyacht brokerage business. During more than 45 years of operation, the company has gained an enviable reputation for success based on unbiased and honest advice, specialist expertise, high quality and attention to detail. We provide a full range of yachting services including sale and purchase, charter, charter management, operational management, new construction, crew employment and insurance to a very discerning clientele of ultra-high net worth individuals.
Reporting to the Fleet Crew Manager, you will assist him/her in their daily duties. You will work in the Crew Team. You will be working with the Crew Recruitment Administrator (Palma) and the Crew Managers in London and Monaco. You will work alongside the Burgess Yacht Management Team, Captains, and Heads of Dept on yachts across the globe. You will be a key point of contact within the Burgess recruitment team.
- Be the Company’s crew recruitment first point of contact.
- Assist with the selection and recruitment of Burgess and BCS managed yacht crew.
- Assist other Burgess departments with crew recruitment including fees.
- Assist with the design and development of the crew recruitment page on the Burgess Yachts website.
- Assist with the development and population of a crew recruitment database.
- Issuing recruitment terms and conditions. Follow up on third party placements, including issuing invoices and chasing payment.
- Assist with the use of social media for crew recruitment.
- Collate and provide crew related statistical information (including crew recruitment stats and crew salary information).
- Any other task reasonably requested.
Personal attributes and qualifications
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Good IT skills; able to use MS Office products to intermediate level
- Skilled at organisation and administration of office work;
- Able to communicate with people at all levels and from many different cultures;
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Attention to detail, conscientiousness and capable of recording information accurately
- Able to work independently and take initiative where necessary;
- Willing and able to make a distinctive contribution to the work of the Yacht Management team;
- Able to solve problems, balance priorities and manage time
- Absolute discretion;
- Good sense of humour.
Desirable (not essential):
- Prior experience working in a recruitment agency;
- Experience working on super yachts or in the yachting industry
- Fluent in one of more of the following languages:
*Only candidates with a legal status to live and work in the UK (if applying to work in London) or the EU (if applying to work in Palma) can be considered.
Burgess is an equal opportunity employer and will happily consider candidates from all backgrounds who are able to demonstrate the required personal and professional qualities for this role.