Our yacht managers oversee all aspects of the business, commercial and marine operations for a number of yachts, ensuring that all contracted services are delivered to meet the client’s expectations.
- Own the business and commercial relationship for Yacht Management with the Owner (or their representative): principal point of contact; assess the owner’s requirements and find ways of delivering services; provide guidance as requested.
- Guide and support each yacht Captain to deliver safe, reliable and cost effective yacht operations in accordance with Company standards and with support from other parts of the Yacht Management team.
- Be the principal point of contact within Burgess for the yachts under their management – mainly Brokers & Charter managers.
- Facilitate arrangements with Corporate Service Providers, Fiscal Agents and Insurers.
- Monitor and influence the financial performance of each yacht against budget: approve expenditure; ensure funds are held to cover anticipated liabilities; approve narrative explanations to accompany periodic reports to the owner; assess the value for money received for major items of expenditure.
- Prepare a monthly operational report on the performance of each yacht for submission to the Owner
- Manage all aspects of each yachts business, commercial and marine operation
- Participate in the Emergency Response Team. This will include 24/7 duty callout for at least one month per year.
- Be involved in the strategic development of yacht management and the Company’s industry presence Represent the Company at boat shows and other trade events or meetings.
- Identify new business opportunities for yacht management and cross-selling other Burgess services. Work with the Business Development Manager to convert these to profit.
- Any other task reasonably requested.
Personal attributes and qualifications
Either of the below:
- STCW 11/2 Certificate of Competency (Master Unlimited); or
- STCW 111/2 Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer Unlimited); or
- STCW 11/2 Certificate of Competency (Master Yachts) together with at least 2 yrs. in command; or
- STCW 111/2 Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer Y1) together with 2 yrs. service as Chief Engineer; or
- EQF1 Level 6 education or professional qualification in a Marine discipline, together with 5 yrs. experience in shipping or yachting.
- Satisfactory demonstration of proficiency in Large Yacht Management; or
- Satisfactory completion of the Company’s ‘Yacht Manager under training programme’.
- ISM lead auditor, Designated Person Ashore, Company Security Officer
Experience and ability
- Skilled communicator - verbal and written, able to communicate with people at all levels in a wide range of professional and social situations, tactful and diplomatic.
- Proficient with the use of business IT systems, computer and cloud based apps
- Competent at problem solving.
- Willing to work as a member of a team.
- Effective manager – Maximising use of own time and supervising the work of a nominated Yacht Management Assistants
- Fluent in spoken and written English is essential. Fluency in other languages desirable
- Eligible to live and work in Monaco
- Resident within daily commuting distance of the nominated office.
- Able to travel worldwide at immediate notice
- Good sense of humour.
*Only candidates with legal status to work in Monaco can be considered.
Burgess is a leading global superyacht brokerage business serving a clientele of ultra-high net worth individuals. Since 1975, the company has gained an enviable reputation for success based on unbiased and honest advice, specialist expertise and top-quality working practices. The company provides a full range of yachting services including the sale and purchase, charter, charter management, operational management, new construction, crew employment and insurance.