Looking for a Safety & Loss Prevention Specialist to support our Yacht Management team in London.
The job holder will fulfil the role as the Company’s Safety and Loss Prevention Specialist. This will include:
- Developing a systematic approach to ensure seafarers can work in a safe environment.
- Reviewing, compiling and promulgating the Company’s baseline RASOPS.
- Maintain generic non-Mandatory RASOPs for use within the Burgess Fleet.
- Oversight and analysis of accidents and incidents on the Burgess Safety Management System
- Liaison with external organisations (P&I Clubs, Insurers, Flag Administrations) to gather industry best practices with the object of reducing losses due to personal injury, accidents or equipment damage.
- Provide Officers serving on board with subject matter expert training in the creation and review of RASOPs.
- Maintaining professional currency in relation to employment safety and maritime regulations.
Fulfil the role as a cyber specialist, including:
- Maintaining and reviewing the Company Cyber RASOP.
- Ensuring that the Yacht Cyber RASOP template remains fir for purpose.
- Issuing cyber related information to the managed fleet.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of cyber security
Assist in the development of Ship Security Plans.
Fulfil the role as a Burgess Manage (BM) administrator and provide training and support for BM users.
- Be involved in the strategic development of yacht management and the Company’s industry presence.
- Represent the Company at boat shows and other trade events or meetings.
- Identify new business opportunities for yacht management and cross-selling other Burgess services. Work with the Business Development Manager to convert these to profit.
- Any other task reasonably requested.
Personal attributes and qualifications:
- STCW 11/2 Certificate of Competency (Chief Mate, Yachts) or
- Chief Engineer, STCW Convention regulation III/2, Certificate of Competency - Yacht (Y1) or
- UK Level 5 qualification in a marine or safety related subject together with 2 years seagoing or shore management experience
Experience and ability
- Skilled communicator - verbal and written, able to communicate with people at all levels in a wide range of professional and social situations, tactful and diplomatic.
- Proficient with the use of business IT systems, computer and cloud based apps.
- Competent at problem solving.
- Willing to work as a member of a team.
- Effective manager – Maximising use of own time and supervising the work of a nominated Yacht Management Assistant.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK as applicable.
- Resident within daily commuting distance of the nominated office.
- Able to travel worldwide at short notice.
- Good sense of humour.
*Only candidates with legal status to work in the UK can be considered.